This message is to inform the community* about the upcoming ‘Eid being facilitated by Masjid Ahlul Qur’an wal Hadeeth (MAQWH). The ‘Eid will be as follows:
- Date: June 25th or 26 Depending on the sighting of the new moon for the month of Shawwal.
- Time: Prayer starts at 9 AM
- Clinton Sports Park
- 9738 Piscataway Rd. Clinton, Md 20735
- The park is behind the library
- Our area is in the rear of the park
- Important: Bring your own tents, chairs, blankets, etc. Also, bring water for wudhoo.
- Food: We have requested volunteers to donate side dishes that will be enough to share with the brothers and the sisters. Traditionally, that is four pans of said side dish. The Masjid will provide all meats and will purchase the majority of the drinks present. Feel free to bring more drinks.
- Volunteers: We need lots of volunteers to make the ‘ Eid enjoyable for all. We would like to encourage all able bodies to come ready to help so that all of the work does not fall on only a few. Keep in mind that we all have families that we would like to spend time with. If we spread the load, everyone can have a good time.
- Vending: We will allow vending of approved items at the park. The cost of one standard sized table is $35. Email the Masjid if you have interest in vending prior to the ‘Eid.
By the mercy of Allāh ﷻ, we were able to raise the funds to cover the expenses for ‘Eid as of yesterday after jumu’ah. We ask Allāh ﷻ to place it on the scale of good deeds for all of those who donated and those who intended to and were unable. Āmīn.
May Allāh ﷻ accept our fasting during this blessed month for His sake and grant us an enjoyable day of worship and brotherhood upon Salafiyyah. Āmīn.
*We kindly request that everyone avoid posting this on social media since one of the reasons we are unable to return to certain locations is due to the number of people that come to the ‘Eid exceeding the number allowed. However, that being said, we will not turn anyone away from the ‘Eid.